CTT Solutions -Mike Pannone- Malfunction Instructor
Malfunctions Instructor Course Oklahoma 23 October, 2020
Mead Hall Range, 2181 S Blackberry Dr, McLoud, OK 74851
Rapid and effective weapons usage revolves around efficient and consistent weapons manipulation. This course is based on the integration of body mechanics with the design of the rifle. The course will review proper and efficient weapons manipulation techniques that lay the foundation for the most rapid and reliable malfunction clearance and will be in-depth instructor training on how to properly teach and safely manage the training for a department, agency or military unit. It will include a detailed review of the design of the rifle and the benefits of specific techniques related to that and will also include a final test that requires the student to properly clear 1 failure to fire and 6 different stoppages blindfolded, set up each of the 6 specified stoppages and then managing the drill as the (student) trainer.
- Simple failure to fire (tap-rack)
- Charging handle impingement
- Bolt override failure to eject
- Traditional double-feed
- Bolt override double feed
- Stuck case
*Injured malfunction clearance (one arm disabled) will be taught in this course but is not on the final test. Non-AR pattern guns will be introduced and used to demonstrate how the clearance methodology covers all small arms.
Upon successful completion of the written and hands on testing the students will receive a certificate stating they are certified to teach the CTT-Solutions Carbine Malfunctions Program to their department/unit/agency.
Required student equipment-
- AR pattern duty patrol rifle in 5.56x45mmNATO/.223Rem (DI or piston)
- Minimum of 3 magazines and a pouch to carry at least one (1) magazine
- Electric hearing protection (required)
- Normal and clear eye protection
- Gloves (assault gloves that protect the fingers but still afford feeling: flight gloves, PIG, Oakley, Mechanix etc.)
- 200 rounds of 5.56 ammunition no steel core or M855 comparable
- No steel case ammunition (this creates an elevated level of resistance that is not found in brass case duty ammunition)
- Multi-tool (this is NOT for malfunction clearance but other tasks required in the course)
- Cleaning rods (highly recommend and prefer military steel rods)
2181 S Blackberry Dr
Mcloud, OK 74851
The following link contains an interactive map with directions from Will Rogers Airport, local hotels, and address. https://meadhallrange.com/home/info/
MeadHall Range has a great relationship with the Grand Casino. They also have a special rate- ask for the MeadHall Range corporate rate (109 a night for a great room). The Grand Casino is 3 miles/5 minutes from the range. There are 6 restaurants ranging from Subway to a Brazilian steakhouse located within the Casino. If you are bringing a spouse there are sports bars and a spa located there as well.
*Note that this is on tribal land and you will need to ensure that weapons are boxed and locked on the way into and out of the casino.