- This event has passed.
Modern Samurai Project – Red Dot Pistol Fundamentals
September 18 @ 08:30 - September 19 @ 17:00$500
Red Dots on pistols are becoming more popular as options for carry weapons. Part of mastery is training – here it is!
Prerequisites: Must have already taken a fundamental class by a vetted instructor. Student should be able to clear Dot Torture drill at 3 yards.
• Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
• Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
• Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
• Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
• Red dots at distance
• Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
• Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
• Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
• How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
• Target transitions
• Shooting on the move
• Why you should compete
• Mini match to test skills
An opportunity to test for the Black Belt Patch.
Slide mounted red dot pistol.
The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches).
Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
1000 rounds of reliable ammo.
Eye pro, Ear pro.
Range: MeadHall Range, 2181 S. Blackberry Drive, McLoud, OK 74851
Range Fees: $30/day; $60 total for both days. Due in cash to host at beginning of TD1.
Lodging: MeadHall Range has a corporate rate with the Grand Casino which is 3 miles from the range. Great rooms, good rate, very close, and multiple restaurants in the casino as well as a bar or two. Please bear in mind that it is Pottawatomie tribal land so all firearms need to be cased and locked going in and out.
There is also a corporate rate with the Hampton Inn in Shawnee. In both cases call the hotel and ask for the MeadHall Range corporate rate.
*Refunds will only be made if the class is canceled. If a student cannot attend the class they signed up for, they will be given a credit to another class of comparable value.